- The three frequently forgotten fundamentals are: Posture, Breathing, and Footwear.
- Posture influences our lives in a number of ways:
– changing the hormonal balance (bad posture = more stress hormones)
– lower performance, lower self-esteem, etc.
- Proper Breathing is abdominal breathing: the stomach rises first and the ribcage only moves slightly towards the end of a deep inhale
- abdominal breathing is relaxing, lowers stress hormones, and increases your energy levels
A deep exploration of breathing for an increase of energy and better health. Synopsis: Breathwork practices to provide you with all the energy you need for your busy life in just 10 minutes a day.
Most of us breathe inefficiently. Life is often lived in the fast lane, and especially when we are stressed, we tend to use only the upper part of our lungs. We forget to breathe deep down into the stomach and thereby lose out on a lot of energy. Only when you become aware of your breathing and how to train it, you will be able to learn to breathe properly. Your body will immediately absorb more oxygen and after a short time you will have more energy and gain greater mental calmness.
A very detailed book about running technique, running footwear and the debate about “barefoot shoes”.
The “Assess and Correct” DVD-set was created by sought-after strength & conditioning coaches based on what they use for postural improvements on a daily basis. In 27 self-assessments you will find out exactly which of the corresponding 78 corrective exercises you have to perform to improve your posture and athletic performance. It offers a lot more detail than most of us care to know. .