Knee Pain Solutions
On this page, I will give a quick introduction to what I consider to be the best commercial resource on knee pain available today. If you want to hold the answers in your hands tomorrow, this is where you start (if you want answers today, for free, download my 25 page report on “Knee Health Fundamentals”).
Who should you trust with your health?
Personally, I prefer getting help for my problems from someone very particular:
- Someone who has real word, in the trenches experience helping people with the same problem.
- Someone who has a track record of being successful at helping people with the same problem.
- Someone who has personally had the problem because only then will they REALLY be able to relate.
When possible, we should take our problems to someone who successfully helps people with similar if not the same problems and who, on top of that, has had to deal with knee pain at some point in the past. With a torn meniscus, knee surgery, and about a year of rehab, I’d say Mike Robertson qualifies. He also has many years of coaching experience under his belt, and those years definitely impacted his knee pain resources in a very positive way.
If you want all the answers, all the pieces of the puzzle, at one blow, Mike Robertson’s Bulletproof Knees Manual is your best shot.
The perfect solution for all athletes
Mike Robertson, M.S., C.S.C.S., U.S.A.W., received his master’s degree in Sports Biomechanics from the world renowned Human Performance Laboratory at Ball State University. At Ball State, Mike was an assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach and Researcher in the areas of strength and power development for athletes.
The author of over 60 published articles, Mike is known for his ability to relate complex topics in simple terms.
(From the back of “Bulletproof Knees”)
I have had the Bulletproof Knees Manual for over two years, and I can honestly say that I’ve worn it out (the included DVD still being in there is a small miracle). If you’re an athlete this manual contains everything you need to know and a little extra.
Mike takes extra care to explain the reasoning behind his exercise selection and with those exercises, he puts a simple to follow program together. His three phase program will pick you up wherever you are now, in terms of health or strength, so there’s nothing to be worried about. This manual will help pull the 18 year old star athlete out of the knee pain mud, and it will do just the same for the 65 year old weekend warrior.
The Bulletproof Knees Manual is the resource I suggest most for you get familiar with. You can find a lot more detail about it on Mike’s page:
With the knowledge of this manual, you’ll be ahead of 99 % of the other athletes out there. That is the knowledge that Mike and his team applied successfully for many years.
What is missing in other books on the topic?
There are numerous books on knee pain out there, and while they all contain great information, most of them fail to provide the reader with a crystal-clear path for practical application of all the advice given. Sure, I can tell someone to do to a bunch of exercises, but broad recommendations are just not enough, especially if your goal is to get better quickly. I’d much rather be told exactly what to do, how often to do it and when to progress.
Here is another, even bigger problem with most of the literature out there: those other books are missing pieces of the puzzle! Some of those authors fail to mention ankle mobility, others skip on addressing tissue quality, and sometimes, even factors as important as posture are left out. The only “solution” to the shortcomings of the individual books would be to buy all the available literature and then put the individual pieces of information together yourself. Unfortunately, most of us don’t have the months of free time required to do that.
Off the top of my head I can think of several other issues with the vast majority of the knee pain literature out there, but you know what? The two flaws I mentioned above are enough in and of themselves to be total deal breakers (at least for me), and together they are, well, what’s worse than a total deal breaker?
What other people are saying
Here are two of the many positive testimonials about The Bulletproof Knees Manual from people other than me:
Jimmy Smith, CSCS – Body Enhancement Specialist – www.JimmySmithTraining.com
1. For its immediate influence on myself. Having been battling my own knee pain for the past few years, I can honestly say I wish I would have had this product a long time ago. I learned more about the knee in the few hours it took me to read this manual than I had in the past few years.
2. For it’s practicality. Not only is “Bulletproof Knees” written in an easy to follow manner, but is chalk full of up-to-date, experienced based, and researched based info that as a trainer, I can use with my clients immediately.
All in all, “Bulletproof Knees” is an invaluable product that I would highly recommend to any therapist, trainer, or weekend warrior who has bad knees or deals with clients with bad knees.”
Tony Gentilcore, CSCS, CPT – www.tonygentilcore.com
In a nutshell: what this manual reveals
- The exact exercises you need to get you on the road to recovery.
- How certain stretches will speed recovery – and which ones to avoid like the plague.
- SIM: What it is and why you can’t do without it.
- Why Focusing on the “Source of the Pain” will get you no where, fast.
- 3 Things You’ve Got to Assess, or Risk Further Damaging the Knee.
- Stretches you absolutely don’t want to perform before competition.
- How to Pinpoint Minor Muscle Imbalances and correct them.
- Why all “knee pain” doesn’t necessarily mean you have Knee “Problems,” and what to do about it.
- Flexibility in your Ankles – Why you need it, and what might happen if you overlook these simple exercises.
- Supplements you have to take for long term knee health.
- Re-learn how to gain the strength and explosive ability you had before injury.
- 2 tests for muscle imbalances that you must perform on the hips, overlook the results of this test and risk damaging your knees further.
- The Pros and Cons of Different Flexibility Modalities and How to Use Each One.
- An exact training program that takes you from a rehabilitative state to 100% recovery.
- How Stretching Your Hamstrings at the wrong time Can Lead to Greater Dysfunction!
- Specific areas you have to train to prevent ACL injury.
- 5 things to put into your workout to improve your performance immediately.
- Learn about the concept of tissue length, and how the timing and type of stretching can lead to better performance and health.
And much, much more!
Source: Bulletproof Knees Website
The more you do something, the more efficient you get at it. You learn to use the available tools better and will at some point even create tools of your own, all while constantly refining your craft. This is the kind of detailed knowledge that is still being kept secret in many professions and patented in others. You know what? Thankfully, it’s not like that in our profession! I’ve never been a fan of closed-door, elitist, circles, and I deeply enjoy learning from others. Luckily, today’s connected world makes that even easier.
The Bulletproof Knees Manual is a prime example for today’s easy availability of super-condensed knowledge and experience. With this manual, the fruits of years of coaching experience, countless months of research and diligent self-experimentation during rehab will be in your hands.